Open T.R.A.I.L. Ranch Policy for the Dismissal of Volunteers/Guests
Volunteers or guests may be asked to leave the facility/program for several reasons, including, but not limited to:
- The use of alcohol or illegal drugs at the facility or at any events hosted by Open T.R.A.I.L. Ranch.
- Coming to the facility under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs.
- Smoking at the facility.
- Mistreatment of the horses or other animals at Open T.R.A.I.L. Ranch.
- Persistent disruption of staff during lessons or special events.
- Verbal or physical abuse, sexual harassment or other inappropriate behavior toward participants, volunteers and or staff members.
- The use of vulgar language, inappropriate jokes, or disrespectful language.
- For frequent missed volunteer times, without prior notification or explanation
- Any other behavior that is deemed inappropriate by a facility director.
- Breach of confidentiality of other participants.
Open T.R.A.I.L. Ranch has strict confidentiality guidelines regarding the right to privacy for all individuals involved with the program. This confidentiality policy extends not only to program participants and their diagnosis/special needs and any sensitive information, but also extends to protect the privacy of others involved with the program including volunteers and staff. It is extremely important that volunteers and staff respect the individual circumstances of those involved with the program. Please do not take the issues of our participants or personal information regarding other individuals beyond the facility. For full confidentiality policy, please refer to the Confidentiality Policy and Agreement.
The riding instructors will handle all dismissals. The Program Director will be informed of the situation and will be part of the decision-making process whenever possible. A written reason for dismissal will be recorded and placed in the individual’s file. The grounds for dismissal will be discussed with the individual, parents or guardians in private. An appeal may be filed in writing and will be reviewed by the Program Director. The Program Director will review the appeal and pass a final decision, this decision will be final.